Report: Getting to 2050, Citizen Recommendations (PDF)
Final Video (YouTube, bilingual)
Discussion guide (PDF)
Provides citizen participants with evidence-based information about Canada’s energy system, highlight a full range of ideas and perspectives on the topic, and outline a diverse range of approaches to the country’s energy future.
Accompanies the discussion guide and provides high-level information in audio and video formats. (YouTube)
Regional Summary Report (Download report)
Regional Dialogues video (YouTube, bilingual)
Regional Dialogue Reports
- British Columbia and Yukon: Vancouver, September 10-11 (Download report)
- Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Northwest Territories: Calgary, September 15-16 (Download report)
- Québec: Montreal, September 17-18 (Download report)
- Ontario and Nunavut: Toronto, September 22-23 (Download report)
- New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador: Halifax, September 24-25 (Download report)
SFU President Andrew Petter delivers keynote address at Generation Energy forum (YouTube)
We have commissioned Forum Research to undertake national opinion polling to set the baseline parameters for participant selection.
- Full results (Excel)
- Project proposal to Natural Resources Canada (PDF, English-only): The SFU Centre for Dialogue’s initial proposal for a series of deliberative dialogues on Canada’s energy future.
- Research materials used to inform discussion guide (PDF)
- Eight characteristics of highly effective public engagement (PDF, English-only): This SFU Centre for Dialogue document outlines principles and best practices that have helped to inform project design and management.
- Recruitment methodology: by Forum Research (PDF, English-only)
- Participant selection frame (PDF, English-only)
- Process design (PDF)